Career Opportunity Overview
Are you someone who:
- Treats every patient with a high level of attention and expertise.
- Is passionate about helping people hear better.
- Is always assessing processes to see how they can be improved.
- Is a lifelong learner excited to be part of a dynamic team of professionals.
If so, we’re searching for our next talented audiologist and would love to talk.
This is a friendly and fun private practice to build your career. We work together as a team to create an environment that makes people comfortable, for both patients and employees! You will find your opinions and suggestions are valued as we grow together. Additionally, we love to share and discuss difficult cases as we strive to help our patients.
The right candidate is naturally self-driven and is excited for potential growth and expansion. They will be comfortable working independently and as part of a team.
The Company: Abingdon Falls Plaza Hearing Center
We are a private, community-oriented audiology practice that has been providing comprehensive hearing services to Southwest Virginia and the surrounding areas for almost 20 years. We are staffed by a Doctor of Audiology and a Hearing Instrument Specialist – both completely committed to giving our patients the highest quality hearing health care available. We provide state-of-the-art hearing aid technology and advanced hearing evaluations while maintaining a comfortable environment for our patients. We absolutely love what we do! Bringing improved hearing and better communication to our patients’ lives is our passion.
We are committed to listening to patient concerns and providing treatment using clinical best practices. Many of our referrals are from other local physicians and from our own patients telling their family and friends about us.
The Audiologist will be responsible for performing comprehensive diagnostic testing, hearing aid evaluation, selection, and fitting, patient counseling, and follow-up care. Our practice focuses on treating hearing loss and tinnitus primarily in an adult population.
Administers Diagnostic Tests
- Performs full audiological diagnostic evaluations, primarily for the diagnosis and treatment of hearing loss and tinnitus.
- Performs Immittance testing including tympanometry and acoustic reflex threshold testing.
- Interprets test results and provides reporting to physicians and other medical professionals.
- Performs tinnitus/balance evaluations and treatment management.
Hearing Aid Evaluation and Fitting
- Counsels’ patients regarding test results and gains a complete understanding of the patient’s hearing needs and lifestyle to develop a customized hearing care plan.
- Performs selection, programming, and verification of the appropriate hearing aid technology to best meet the patient’s individual needs.
- Provides ongoing management including follow-up and education, hearing aid checks and adjustments, repairs, and cleanings as necessary to maintain ongoing patient relationships.
Assists in Professional and Community Outreach
In addition to professional responsibilities, the Audiologist will be part of a team engaging in marketing outreach and growing positive relationships with colleagues, vendors, fellow healthcare practitioners, and community organizations. This includes informational presentations regarding hearing loss, treatment options, and technology to local community groups, facilities, and medical professionals.
- AuD degree. Current Virginia Audiologist License (or ability to obtain one by time of hire).
- An interest in the treatment of individuals experiencing tinnitus, hyperacusis, and misophonia is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that allow effective working relationships with a diverse patient, colleague, and vendor population so that goals are achieved.
- Strong keyboard/computer/Audiology diagnostic and hearing aid software and equipment experience.
- 2 years proven experience as an audiologist preferred.
- Organized, able to multi-task, detail oriented.
If you are looking for a professional, challenging, stimulating environment and meet the above criteria, please apply now!
Monday to Thursday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM and Friday 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Benefits included with full-time employment
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Specialized Training, Coaching, and Mentorship
- Competitive Pay- Potential Incentive/Bonus
Please apply to the following email: [email protected]